Friday 24 June 2016

Day 41, to Semey, Kazakhstan 158km , 3473km to date,  301m up, 378m end

A longish day on rough pavement with a border crossing thrown in.

The exit side from Russia of the border crossing was very quick - 10 minutes.  But, the entry side into Kazakhstan was slow, took us about two hours - it seemed to be mainly due to a very slow computer system.  Other than slow it was uneventful.

On the ride today I noticed railway tracks, I realized there have been no tracks since we left Ulaan Bataar - I suspect the route we have taken is somewhat off the “beaten trail”.


More re how expensive cellphone service is at home:  in Kazakhstan, I bought a SIM card for $3 CDN, then bought 15 gig of data for another $3CDN.

Some pics (More on Semey in the next post):



I like the simple symbol for the track crossing:

No comments:

Post a Comment