Friday 3 June 2016

Day 15, to Bayankhangai (sage camp)  110km , 1161 to date,  592m up, 1176m end


A correction from yesterday, the proper spelling is Chinggis Khan.  Chinggis is not a first name e.g. Peter, Fred etc.,), but a formal name of respect, like “Supreme Leader”.

Bruno and I had lunch at the Irish Pub in Ulan Baatar, complete with Guinness:


Leaving Ulan Baatar:


Whilst leaving Ulaan Bataar, I had several run-ins with dogs, these are typically guard dogs for various commercial storage yards.  The pictures below were captured by Par one of the other riders, definitely the shot of the day!





A relative easy day, the first in some time.  Some head wind in the afternoon but not that bad.

A most of you know, the small serous things that people do, really make a trip like this.  Today I had a car come up beside me, light honk, I look over and the guy is offering me a water bottle.  But even more, it happened twice today!  It reminds me that all of us have the ability to “pay it forward”, I think we just need to be reminded of it once in a while.

We quite quickly left Ulan Bataar and are now back in the countryside, very similar to the area around Kamloops.  We left payment behind just before the end of the day, we’ll be off-pavement for a coupe days now, hopefully not too rough.

Some pics:







This raptor is called a Kite, it was very active hunting through the evening:


Our camp:


No comments:

Post a Comment