Friday 3 June 2016

Day 20, to Murun (Moron)  83km , 1738km to date,  778m up, 1337m end

A good night sleep last night - after the storm went through all was quiet.  I think I am quite burned out, although a relatively easy day, it was still hard.  Hopefully two good nights sleep will enable recovery.

Now in the town of Murun (or Moron, the U’s should have two dot over them - I haven’t figured out how to do that with my new Macbook).  They had the main street closed for most of the day - their version of a no cars day.

After today we will be out in the wilds for 6 days, so I will probably not be web connected for the period.

Some pics from the day:
A mud slide onto the highway from last nights rain:


Entrance to Mörön:



My understanding is this guy (Davaadorj) is the Mongolian equivalent of Louis Riel - considered a criminal at the time, was killed and later became a hero.


 Ruth showing where we are in Mongolia:

No comments:

Post a Comment