Tuesday 27 September 2016

Day 135 to Amasya, Turkey, 125km, 11,135 to date, 811km to go, 987m up,  347m end. 

Day 7 of 7 in a row - I really need a day off!  Again a bit easier day, neutral wind.  A new problem today, one of the attachment screws on the cleat on my left shoe has broken off.  This means I can’t unclip my left shoe from the pedal - I have to stop and take my foot out of the shoe to un-attach myself.  A bit entertaining when I had to take a bathroom break, with one shoe on and only a sock on the left foot -  getting to a bush to hide involved walking through some some prickly thorn bushes.  After some time spent picking out the needles from my socked foot, I was back on my way.

We have a rest day tomorrow, then 7 riding days (with one rest day) and we are in Istanbul!  Time is starting to really speed up.  I want it to slow down and be enjoyed!  I've added a "to go" distance in the data line above.


The town we are in tonight and for a rest day tomorrow is wonderful, like a European mountain town.  See pics below.



Some pics around Amasya:





This Hamami was absolutely wonderful!  Although one wouldn't refer to the massage as gentle - I felt like I was a pice of meat being prepared for dinner!  This was the first time I have gone to a public bath massage establishment, it definitely won't be the last!


Yes, this is me:

And Bruno:


No comments:

Post a Comment