Wednesday 28 September 2016

Day 137 to Osmancik, Turkey, 1113km, 11,248 to date, 701km to go, 789m up,  313m end. 

An easy day with a bit of rain in the early morning and some wind against.

I really liked the town of Amasya it would be very relaxing to simple hang out, drinking tea at the numerous tea shops, getting beat up at the Hamami, enjoying a sampling of the many good restaraunts.

We are normally stopping at some sort of truck stop/cafe both mid-morning and afternoon.  I’ve rediscovered rice pudding - I needed two rice puddings at the mid morning Tea break (I wasn’t the only one).

No scenery pics from today, same scenery as the last couple of days.

Only 6 more riding days (and one rest day) then we will be in Istanbul - it feels very odd that this adventure is actually going to come to a conclusion!

The excitement today was I helped one of the other riders fix a flat, then shortly after I got a flat (piece of glass), then once to the Hotel I discovered the same tire was going flat again.  This time the culprit turned out to be a piece of fine wire.  Flats from fine wire are very common when one rides on the shoulder of the main highways.  The fine wire comes from truck tires that have de-laminated.  I'm probably up to about 12 flats for the whole ride.  We are on mainly main roads now for the rest of the ride - I expect today won't be the last day I deal with flats.


A pic of the first flat fix underway:


No comments:

Post a Comment