Saturday 3 September 2016

Day 112 to Semnan, Iran, 137km, 9,307 to date, 1832m up,  1096m end. 

Another serious climbing day, with some wind against just for good measure.  Luckily some cloud cover, so not really hot till the last 20km.

Since I have been in Iran I have had possibly a hundred interactions of all variations, like the following:

Car comes along side me whilst I am riding, slowing to match my speed:
He:  Good morning Sir, Welcome to Iran.
Me:  Salam, good morning.
He:  Have a good journey.
Me:  Thank you!  With the hand to heart gesture.


There was a variation this afternoon - I was three quarters of the way up a very long climb.  A car coming the other way sees me, stops and motions me over.  I can’t understand him, but I think he is asking if I need anything, I gesture I am fine pointing to my water bottles.  He then hands me a package of cookies and insists I take them!  Again, welcome to Iran!

Only one pic as not much change:

No comments:

Post a Comment