Sunday 10 July 2016

Day 55, to Malybai, Kazakhstan, 138km , 4728km to date,  813m up, 833m end

A relatively easy day, somewhat hot (30+C), modest climbing.

We are heading East in order to get through the mountains into Kyrgyzstan.  The riding today was like I was in the Fraser Valley, riding out of Vancouver towards Hope, but with the mountains to my right (south).

We left Almaty in a convoy as the main roads are quite busy, after 10km we were on our own.  It was a shame to leave Almaty, I really liked the city - I need to find an excuse to return.  I’ve added it to my list of cities that I want to find a reason to visit again (includes Vladivostok).

Only two pics from today:  We stopped at a small road side establishment that included several Gurs, we had bought a couple drinks when the owner showed up and insisted we sit and share some Mare’s milk - so shoes off and into a Gur with a low table and we shared the Mare’s milk:



The owner with his two hunting Falcon’s (I think):








No comments:

Post a Comment