Sunday 4 May 2014

Ride Intro


OK, here we go, my first attempt at a blog…

As you probably know, if you are reading this, I am about to take off on a bit of a bike ride, starting May 17th from Shanghai, China, heading in a mostly westerly direction, and after some 12,160km ending in Istanbul, Turkey.

This is a supported ride, i.e. all my stuff is carried for me.  The company I’m going with is called Tour d’Afrique.  See http://tourdafrique.com/  The ride I am doing is not surprisingly called the Silk Route.  It is a Canadian Company, based in Toronto, however with employees all over the world.  The key organizer for my ride is one Miles McDonald who is based here in Victoria.

Unless there is a very significant problem, more than just extreme hot, cold, altitude, snow, minor acts of God, etc., the tour will stick to the schedule.  You’d think a bunch of German railway guys are involved.

I will post the details of the schedule once I figure out how to post a pdf.

At this point, I am in full panic and terror mode, full panic because of all what I need to do before I leave, full terror because I’m rather concerned as to what I have got myself into!

Down to 7 days left to get everything done…

…Ron



1 comment:

  1. Ron, once you see your 1st Chinese bathroom, THEN you will be in full terror mode. Sounds like a great trip and I look forward to following your adventure.
    Doug T.

    ReplyDelete