Friday 29 July 2016

Day 67 to Gulcha, Kyrgyzstan, 108km, 5888 to date.  1853m up, 1827m end

An excellent day, a long hard climb on nice pavement.  We are quickly getting close to the Pamir mountain range.

Some pics from the day:

This is very much rural country, when an animal is being slaughtered for food, it is simply done at the horse slaughter place, i.e. beside the highway, all the locals know where this is and when it is.  We happened to be going past after a horse had just been gutted.  As guests we were honoured with receiving a gift of the kidneys.  This will be in tomorrows dinner.  I know I am repeating myself, but I am humbled by the generosity of the people.




I just liked this guy:


Having to navigate around herds of horse on the highway is almost common, similarly herds of cattle, sheep, kids, etc.



Scenery from the day:












No comments:

Post a Comment