Sunday 2 October 2016

Day 140/141 to Kaymaklar Camp Turkey, 141km, 11,761km to date, 303km to go, 1713m up,  228m end. 

I’m starting to find these days fairly easy, or saying it better, not really hard.  With temperatures a bit cooler and a bit of wind behind today, really helped. Only 3 riding days left, one expected to be medium-hard, one hard and the last easy.  Really hard to believe it will be over in 3 days!

Yesterday, we had a rest day in Safronbolu.  One of my objectives has been to find a Turkish coffee.  I succeeded, but it took a bit of searching.  Turkish coffee is fairly rare in Turkey, in fact, so far I have found in only really high end bars/restaurants. My success yesterday was at a fairly fancy rooftop establishment. I have also found out that there are no Turkish coffee beans, the coffee beans are imported (African, South American).

My Turkish coffee:


About to depart our rest day Safranbolu hotel:




A few pics from the day:



I liked the construction of this railway bridge and protection:



No comments:

Post a Comment